Prime sand filter????

The way i did it in the above ground we had growing up, I would turn the garden hose on
then turn on the filter and put the house into the inlet until water comes through.

Not sure that is the correct way for yours, but it was for the one we had.

If you have an above ground pool, and the filter isn't located way uphill, then it should fill up with water naturally because the water is above the pump and filter. If you have any shutoff valves in the lines to and from the pool, make sure they're open. Then turn the valve on the filter to "rinse" and turn the pump on. The pump should start pumping within a couple seconds and all the dust from the sand should wash out the waste pipe. When it looks clear, shut off the pump, turn the valve to filter, and turn the pump on. Boom. You're in business.

In start up after winter I have had an air-lock in the pump basket the first time, have to turn off pump and release the air in the top of the basket lid. After that its good the rest of the season, maybe because the filter is full of water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.