How to program new JVA2444 Valve?

jeremysm1

Bronze Supporter
Nov 12, 2015
Scottsdale/AZ
Just added a new JVA2444 valve to my Aqualink system--it already has 2 valves connected. I setup the cams to the proper setting and now need to program the PDA/Aqualink system to control this valve. I am stuck. I realize that once connected, I should go to the PDA, Assign JVA's, Select Cleaner, then make the assignment. But I don't know what to select. It offers several different aux ports, and those seem to matchup with the ones in the picture from the front of the equipment (they are plugged in). See the pics.

BTW, I have the Power Center PCB #8124A Assembly #8125.

Attachments

• 20160402_145113.jpg
    20160402_145113.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 47
  • 20160402_145510.jpg
    20160402_145510.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 47
Yes, this actuator is to open the valve so the water will fully go through the caretaker unit. So aux1? Also, I'd like to have a pool mode setup with the caretaker working and one with it completely off (I don't have high enough pressure to keep it halfway open). Any suggestions for a program at night that can auto change to the other after 6 hours?

Here is more information: Aqualink auxiliary settings are

Aux 1: Booster pump
Aux 2: air blower
Aux 4: water feature
Aux 5: spa light
Extra aux: pool light

Also, my version of Aqualink is PDA-PS6 and it looks like all the auxilary ports are being used. Although, when I look at the physical board it has a few without anything plugged in (aux 3 is spillover, aux 6 and aux7). So, is the best idea just to merge my lights into one? or maybe just shutoff the spa light and replace with this valve? If I merge, they said the lights would have to be the same voltage and I'm not sure about that subject. Looking for some guidance. Thanks!

Just went outside to see where all the Aux ports attached to (relays). I'll paste in a picture and I drew in where each is going. Interestingly enough, I don't have a solar heater but it's being plugged directly into the top right relay. This is getting way beyond my pay grade, so any Jandy/Zodiak Aqualink guru's out there please chime in. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20160404_120513.jpg
    20160404_120513.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 25
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.