Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to program new JVA2444 Valve?

1. Back To Top    #1

How to program new JVA2444 Valve?

Just added a new JVA2444 valve to my Aqualink system--it already has 2 valves connected. I setup the cams to the proper setting and now need to program the PDA/Aqualink system to control this valve. I am stuck. I realize that once connected, I should go to the PDA, Assign JVA's, Select Cleaner, then make the assignment. But I don't know what to select. It offers several different aux ports, and those seem to matchup with the ones in the picture from the front of the equipment (they are plugged in). See the pics.

BTW, I have the Power Center PCB #8124A Assembly #8125.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    16,000 gal Pebble Sheen pool w/ spa, Jandy Aqualink, Hayward Salt system, 60 SF DE Filter, Hayward Gas Heater, Caretaker In-floor pop-up cleaning system.
    2hp Whisperflow for filter, 2hp Dynaglass for booster, 2hp for blower, 1hp Dynaglass for scuppers.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: How to program new JVA2444 Valve?

From what I can gather, you have added this actuator to open up the caretaker system. Is the booster pump for the cleaning system? If so, assign to aux 1.
    25K aggregate IG, Intellipro, FNS48, Polaris 360, PG2000 fiber optic light source

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes, this actuator is to open the valve so the water will fully go through the caretaker unit. So aux1? Also, I'd like to have a pool mode setup with the caretaker working and one with it completely off (I don't have high enough pressure to keep it halfway open). Any suggestions for a program at night that can auto change to the other after 6 hours?
    16,000 gal Pebble Sheen pool w/ spa, Jandy Aqualink, Hayward Salt system, 60 SF DE Filter, Hayward Gas Heater, Caretaker In-floor pop-up cleaning system.
    2hp Whisperflow for filter, 2hp Dynaglass for booster, 2hp for blower, 1hp Dynaglass for scuppers.

4. Back To Top    #4

Here is more information: Aqualink auxiliary settings are

Aux 1: Booster pump
    Aux 2: air blower
    Aux 4: water feature
    Aux 5: spa light
    Extra aux: pool light

Also, my version of Aqualink is PDA-PS6 and it looks like all the auxilary ports are being used. Although, when I look at the physical board it has a few without anything plugged in (aux 3 is spillover, aux 6 and aux7). So, is the best idea just to merge my lights into one? or maybe just shutoff the spa light and replace with this valve? If I merge, they said the lights would have to be the same voltage and I'm not sure about that subject. Looking for some guidance. Thanks!

5. Back To Top    #5

Just went outside to see where all the Aux ports attached to (relays). I'll paste in a picture and I drew in where each is going. Interestingly enough, I don't have a solar heater but it's being plugged directly into the top right relay. This is getting way beyond my pay grade, so any Jandy/Zodiak Aqualink guru's out there please chime in. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images