Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Painting a Gunite Pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

Richland WA

Painting a Gunite Pool?

I'm in my 3rd year of owning a pool. The first year was a little struggle until I found this site. With all of your help my family has been enjoying a trouble free pool ever since.

Unfortunately for me, the water was so sparkling clean, I could see every blemish in the sides and floor of my pool. I'll admit they are all minor but I got to thinking I would enjoy the pool more if I put a fresh coat of paint on it.

So in reverse order this year, I drained the pool, cleaned and pressure washed it, did some youtube research and then headed to to research what paint I should use.

After using the search function, I realized I've wasted a little time and a ton of water cause after what I read, I'm am not painting my pool!

I've left the title the same as my original question in hopes that others may find it prior to wasting their time and effort like I did.

Heading out to fill the pool now!
    24,000 gal in ground, Gunite, Sand filter, Hayward 140,000 btu heat pump, Polaris pool sweep, TF-100 test kit w/speed stir

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Painting a Gunite Pool?

Good post! Painting the pool is definitely not the way to go. Manage your pool as best you can until you are able to replaster it.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: Painting a Gunite Pool?

LOL and hear I was ready to come talk you out of painting the pool. Glad to see I don't need to.

Love the way you did this thread! Thanks for thinking of others!

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!