Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I hate wind!

1. Back To Top    #1
    Chrisman, Illinois (East Central Illinois)

I hate wind!

My pool cover is now half in my pool. Great! I don't want to open now. I didn't plan to open for a couple more weeks or longer. I probably won't be able to get water for the pool for a few more weeks either. I can scoop the debris from the cover out with my leaf net. I can circulate water a few hours per day with my sump pump, but won't be able to filter.

Do you think I'll be okay, or now that the cover is off, is it critical for me to get water ASAP?
    27' round Seaspray Evolution, AG, 17,100 gallons, Pump: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix Dual Speed 1.5 hp, Filter: Hayward Pro Series High Rate Sand Filter, June 18, 2014, Kreepy Krauley Lil Shark, TF-100 test kit, Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I hate wind!

You have the right idea. Scoop, circulate as best as possible, etc. Maybe test your FC and CYA and adjust a bit to try and avoid an ammonia outbreak.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

I agree with Pat ^^^^^^^^^^

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4
    Chrisman, Illinois (East Central Illinois)

Thanks!
    27' round Seaspray Evolution, AG, 17,100 gallons, Pump: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix Dual Speed 1.5 hp, Filter: Hayward Pro Series High Rate Sand Filter, June 18, 2014, Kreepy Krauley Lil Shark, TF-100 test kit, Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System

5. Back To Top    #5

Same here, wind caught the cover and ripped about 10 grommets out. I caught it in time and tied it down the best I could before the next gust caught it. My trampoline didn't fair so well. It was in a tree about 75 ft away.
    24'x54" 15k AG round - Outback Genesis
    1 1/2hp Hayward Matrix 2 speed. Hayward 180T Sand Filter
    TF-100 Test Kit
    Pool School & TF-100
    How to SLAM