PH 7.5
TA 90
CH 320
CYA 45 (Slowly moving it up to 70)
Salt 3300
Borates 30
Temp 62 F
CSI -0.41

With all of the great guidance from this site, I think I've gotten my pool well balanced, except I'm worried about the CSI being as close to -0.6 as it is. Playing with values in http://www.poolcalulator.com, it seems that my best best is to move my PH up to 7.8 which would increase my CSI to a reasonable -0.13. Would a PH that high cause the water bother swimmers? I assume I would need to make sure the PH wouldn't drift even higher. Is that practical? Should I be addressing the low CSI differently? Thanks for any help.

We had a very similar post earlier today actually it was almost identical, should the poster raise the PH to 7.8 to balance the CSI, and this was Jason's response...

JasonLion said:
Two points. First, you actually want CSI to be a little negative, PH tends to go up and heaters and SWG have higher CSI internally. Second, it really isn't worth trying to balance your CSI to any exact number. All of the numbers will vary over time, especially PH. Trying to micro manage your levels uses too many chemicals.

Thanks everyone. Indeed, the water is crystal clear. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and will try not to micromanage my chem levels.

To give further testament to the methods and advice provided on TFP, I opened my pool last weekend with great results. After leaving my pool uncovered for the winter. One day after opening and vacuuming all of the leaves out, my water was clear and the kids were swimming in the hot tub. My neighbors couldn't believe it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.