Had my pool acid washed for the 1st time yesterday. It was done by the company that services my pool chems. I've never had it done before so I'm not sure what results to expect, but it seems to me that too much acid was used. The floor feels like coarse sandpaper and the plaster is flaking in places. Plus it looks like the tech didn't rinse the inlets and light well enough, so acid trickled out of them, leaving streaks of etched plaster. It appears rust from the light stained the plaster as well.
My question is, how big a deal is this? Is this damage the normal result of acid washing, or did the tech do excessive damage to the plaster? What should I do about it?
I've attached some pics of the damage. Take note none of the damage was present before the acid wash. In fact the plaster was very smooth, albeit stained.
Any advice appreciated!