Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris 360 always gets stuck in corner

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris 360 always gets stuck in corner

Help!!! My very new Polaris cleaner is always getting stuck in one corner. I've tried changing the direction of the thrust thingy in the back, moved the float in and out. Nothing helps. It's only about 7 months old. Also, the tail sweeper doesn't really go back and forth. It just kinda drags behind the unit. Help me please!
    23,000 gallon IG plaster. 3'-7'. Attached spa with spillway. Jandy Pro Series 2 HP self priming pump. Jandy 460 sqf 4 cartridge filter. Raypak pool/spa heater. Polaris 360 pool cleaner. AquaLink control center with remote. Pool built Aug 2015.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Polaris 360 always gets stuck in corner

It sounds like it isn't getting enough flow. Is your filter dirty? What is the normal clean pressure and what is the pressure now? Is your pump 2 speed or variable speed?
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

The filter is clean. I'm not sure about the pressure. Just bought the house and the pool was already there. I'll check on the pump tonite
    23,000 gallon IG plaster. 3'-7'. Attached spa with spillway. Jandy Pro Series 2 HP self priming pump. Jandy 460 sqf 4 cartridge filter. Raypak pool/spa heater. Polaris 360 pool cleaner. AquaLink control center with remote. Pool built Aug 2015.

4. Back To Top    #4

The filter that is in the hose where it connects to the wall gets clogged and kills my water flow. Check that. Did you set the RPMs like the manual says? Also the tail has a screw that controls the flow to the sweep tail...hex head screw.does your Polaris go into reverse mode? If not you may need to replace that portion too
    20,000 gallon concrete roman style Inground pool (build date 8/13)
    Pent air FNS60 DE filter (using Jacks filter fiber stuff)
    Raised Spa/Hot tub and Polaris 360 cleaner (named Vincent ;-))
    RayPak pool heater 406a
    TF100 test kit