Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool Questions???

1. Back To Top    #1
    Hillbillyville, MO

New Pool Questions???

New here. We are planning on putting in this pool shortly from The Pool Factory but have not ordered anything yet:
    My Pool Package
    24'x54" Saltwater LX Round Pool $2,007.00 1 $2,007.00
    Hayward Thru-Wall Skimmer & Return Fitting $0.00 1 $0.00
    24' Round Peel N' Stick Foam Pool Cove $89.00 1 $89.00
    24' Round Pool Wall Foam $69.95 1 $69.95
    AquaPro 200 SQ. FT. Cartridge Filter System 2-HP 2-Speed Pump 2 Year Warranty $549.00 1 $549.00
    Main Access Pro Series In-Pool Deck Ladder $44.99 1 $44.99
    24'x54" Round Uni-Bead Beach Haven Liner - 30 Gauge $275.00 1 $275.00
    Solaxx Saltron Retro Jet RJ Saltwater Chlorine Generator - 2 Year Warranty $429.00 1 $429.00
    Aqualuminator Above Ground Pool Light 98605000 $99.99 1 $99.99
    9" x 24" Ladder Mat $8.99 1 $8.99
    We live in the country on a farm so there are no neighbors or regulations etc. We would like your wisdom on the equipment above and The Pool Factory as well. I plan on installing myself: level ground, add layer of small crushed rock (1/4 in.), pool on pavers, add inch of pink foam. Please share your opinions and advice freely, I do not have feelings

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: New Pool Questions???

Do you get a lot of blown dust? A sand filter is the easiest to clean; flip the switch, turn the valve, flip the switch again and let 'er rip. Repeat except you turn the valve to rinse. Done. You'd be hard-pressed to even get the cartridge filter apart in that amount of time, let alone clean it.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Welcome to TFP!

That looks like a good list. I agree on the sand filter. You would also be fine with a smaller 2 speed pump, 1hp or 1-1/2hp. But, running your 2hp on low speed will be OK too, not too bad on your electric bill.

Hillbillyville! I love it!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Kankakee Il

I purchased the saltwater 8000 and it seems to be a really nice pool. Had it put up last fall so I havent had a chance to swim in it yet. I seen they released the lx version which I wished I had a chance to buy,but in hindsight I think those dark top rails are going to get really hot in the sun.

5. Back To Top    #5
    SW PA

You can really do without the wall foam. It serves no practical purpose.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter