Single suction pump question.

JonathanD

In The Industry
May 20, 2015
Cape Coral, FL
I have had this pool over a year (older house, new to me) and have had it re plastered and re tiled...yet one thing still evades me.

Single suction pool. I have my skimmer, two holes on the bottom, one with suction line and the other hole to the main drain. Am I (or can I) have a plate or anything that would help split the surface skimmer portion to also pull from the main drain?

When I vacuum the pool I let the head sit over the top of the main drain for a bit, but I am doubting that does anything, and I can imagine all off the crud that builds up in there. I cant see how just being near the suction hole would provide enough lift to pull anything from the bottom of the pool to the top of the skimmer.

Thank you for your help in advanced. I have searched but all answers seem to end up with people not knowing the main drain was connected to the pump, mine is not.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.