2016 Muriatic Acid Prices

Nov 6, 2015
Houston TX
The bleach post was pretty interesting so I thought I would pose about Acid. Living in Houston Texas I stopped by Napco and they were fantastic. They will sell you a 5 gallon can for bulk bleach for $14, but Amazon has a better product and you can get a cap with a valve. Search "Reliance Products Aqua-Tainer 7 Gallon Rigid Water Container" and buy the $3.67 cap so handling is easier and safer.

I asked about Muriatic Acid and they let me know they only had dillute HCL (15%). Where are cheap places to get bulk Acid?

Look for the HASA dealer down there. If you really wanted bulk, there should be a number of chemical suppliers down there in that part of the world. Vopak may have options, as they do here, but handling and transport becomes a problem with bigger volumes. The best I can do here is $5.00 per gallon of 31.4 from a supplier.

If you live in the Tucson area then check out eKonomy Pools on Speedway. They sell Hasa brand MA (and bleach too) in reusable 1 gallon jugs. For a one-time, $6 orange safety carrier deposit, you can get four 1gal jugs for $19 ($4.75/gal). Better price than any pool store or hardware store in town.

If you live in the Tucson area then check out eKonomy Pools on Speedway. They sell Hasa brand MA (and bleach too) in reusable 1 gallon jugs. For a one-time, $6 orange safety carrier deposit, you can get four 1gal jugs for $19 ($4.75/gal). Better price than any pool store or hardware store in town.
Excited to see they are adding a store by Costco on Thornydale. Hope they carry the bulk chemicals.

The bleach post was pretty interesting so I thought I would pose about Acid. Living in Houston Texas I stopped by Napco and they were fantastic. They will sell you a 5 gallon can for bulk bleach for $14, but Amazon has a better product and you can get a cap with a valve. Search "Reliance Products Aqua-Tainer 7 Gallon Rigid Water Container" and buy the $3.67 cap so handling is easier and safer.

I asked about Muriatic Acid and they let me know they only had dillute HCL (15%). Where are cheap places to get bulk Acid?

I thought we were doing a "generic" MA post to give people info...sorry.

Silly me, I thought he was asking about Houston. My bad.

Home Depot pulling through again this year.

QlxvNi0.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
In STL MO I got 2 gal (2 bottles in a box) of 31.5% for $10.98 at Home Depot.

Interesting. I'm over on the other side of the river and it's like $7.98 a gallon for the low odor stuff at my Home Depot. I passed and just went and got full strength at Ace for the same price. I still want to find cheaper though. Going to look at Rural King this weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

It appears Menard's has 31.45% for $3.79 for a gallon.....

Am I missing something? This is usable for the pool, no?
well darn, I was just at Menards. I guess I'll keep this in mind for next time. They also had foam core abs pipe for making a solar cover roller, which is why I went at lunch.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.