Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Muriatic Acid Prices

1. Back To Top    #1

2016 Muriatic Acid Prices

The bleach post was pretty interesting so I thought I would pose about Acid. Living in Houston Texas I stopped by Napco and they were fantastic. They will sell you a 5 gallon can for bulk bleach for $14, but Amazon has a better product and you can get a cap with a valve. Search "Reliance Products Aqua-Tainer 7 Gallon Rigid Water Container" and buy the $3.67 cap so handling is easier and safer.

I asked about Muriatic Acid and they let me know they only had dillute HCL (15%). Where are cheap places to get bulk Acid?
    28,000 in ground gunite. 3.5' shallow end, 8' deep end with 8' waterslide. Only metal in the pool is the pool light.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 2016 Muriatic Acid Prices

Look for the HASA dealer down there. If you really wanted bulk, there should be a number of chemical suppliers down there in that part of the world. Vopak may have options, as they do here, but handling and transport becomes a problem with bigger volumes. The best I can do here is $5.00 per gallon of 31.4 from a supplier.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

I'm hoping home depot has the 2 for $12 thing again this year. I'm also hoping I don't need a half gallon a day. Best I can find at a pool store is $10/gallon.
    Helpful Links: Pool Chemistry 101 - Recommended Levels - Recommended Chemicals - FC/CYA Chart - SLAM Instructions - Pool Math
    Test Kits:
    TF-100 - Taylor K2006 - SpeedStir Upgrade - Taylor K-1766 Salt Test
    My Pool:
    28k IG built May 2015 - Autopilot SWG - Pentair VS Pump/DE Filter/Heat Pump

4. Back To Top    #4

If you live in the Tucson area then check out eKonomy Pools on Speedway. They sell Hasa brand MA (and bleach too) in reusable 1 gallon jugs. For a one-time, $6 orange safety carrier deposit, you can get four 1gal jugs for $19 ($4.75/gal). Better price than any pool store or hardware store in town.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by JoyfulNoise View Post
    If you live in the Tucson area then check out eKonomy Pools on Speedway. They sell Hasa brand MA (and bleach too) in reusable 1 gallon jugs. For a one-time, $6 orange safety carrier deposit, you can get four 1gal jugs for $19 ($4.75/gal). Better price than any pool store or hardware store in town.
    Excited to see they are adding a store by Costco on Thornydale. Hope they carry the bulk chemicals.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

OP said he is in Houston.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_B View Post
    OP said he is in Houston.
    I thought we were doing a "generic" MA post to give people info...sorry.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Windcrest View Post
    The bleach post was pretty interesting so I thought I would pose about Acid. Living in Houston Texas I stopped by Napco and they were fantastic. They will sell you a 5 gallon can for bulk bleach for $14, but Amazon has a better product and you can get a cap with a valve. Search "Reliance Products Aqua-Tainer 7 Gallon Rigid Water Container" and buy the $3.67 cap so handling is easier and safer.

I asked about Muriatic Acid and they let me know they only had dillute HCL (15%). Where are cheap places to get bulk Acid?
    Quote Originally Posted by JoyfulNoise View Post
    I thought we were doing a "generic" MA post to give people info...sorry.

Silly me, I thought he was asking about Houston. My bad.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:

9. Back To Top    #9

Home Depot pulling through again this year.

Helpful Links: Pool Chemistry 101 - Recommended Levels - Recommended Chemicals - FC/CYA Chart - SLAM Instructions - Pool Math
    Test Kits:
    My Pool:

10. Back To Top    #10

Just picked it up from Home Depot $10 for two one gallon jugs
    1200 Sq Ft 41,000 Gal. Gunite, JANDY SVRS VS pump, JANDY JXI 400,000 BTU, Polaris 280 w/ 3/4 BP, Rockwall and Grotto (w/6 jets and blower), 2 JANDY Lam Jets, 2 LED Bubblers, 5 Ledlights, AQUALINK P16 RS, 90% Quartz, SWF 185 GMP BP, SWF 125 BP, Levelor K1100 Autofill, AP Digital SWG, 2 skim and 5 returns, and mostly 3 inch piping

11. Back To Top    #11

Is that HDX Pool Muriatic Acid at Home Depot or other?
    ​aarsic
    30k gallon in-ground plaster pool, Pentair Whisper-Flo 2.0hp, Jandy AquaPure PLC 1400 Saltwater Cell, Polaris 360 w/booster pump, DE filter. Due to a brain injury I cannot do Pool Math. Don't tell me to do Pool math unless you want to walk me through the whole thing.

12. Back To Top    #12

Is that HDX Pool Muriatic Acid at Home Depot or other?

Sorry for duplicate post response!
    Last edited by aarsic; 04-28-2016 at 10:07 AM. Reason: duplicate post
    ​aarsic
    30k gallon in-ground plaster pool, Pentair Whisper-Flo 2.0hp, Jandy AquaPure PLC 1400 Saltwater Cell, Polaris 360 w/booster pump, DE filter. Due to a brain injury I cannot do Pool Math. Don't tell me to do Pool math unless you want to walk me through the whole thing.

13. Back To Top    #13

Different brand. They keep it in the garden section next to the other pool stuff at my home depot. The bottles actually have a pool on them.
    Test Kits:
    My Pool:

14. Back To Top    #14

Cheapest I have found so far in Las Vegas is 2 gal of 31.45% for $12.99 from Ace Hardware. The Home Depots I have been to only stock the HDX 14.5% stuff.

Let me know if anyone has a cheaper option here in Vegas!
    14000g freeform gunite/plaster IG pool with raised spa. Hayward HCF302 Commercial 30inch 650lb sand filter with pool sand and pea gravel base, two 2hp Hayward Northstar pumps circa 2003 model SP4000Z1. One pump dedicated to the roaring waterfall and two skinny waterfall lip things. Pool built in 2003, all equipment is original except the sand filter. Replastered April 2016. Hand built test kit with Taylor reagents, new 2016.

15. Back To Top    #15

My local pool company sells muriatic acid for $6.50 per gallon that is 31% HCl. You can buy at that price by the gallon or in boxes of 4 - one gallon jugs. Much cheaper than Home Depot's 10%. Virginia (state).
    ​aarsic

16. Back To Top    #16

It appears Menard's has 31.45% for $3.79 for a gallon.....

Am I missing something? This is usable for the pool, no?
    13,200 GAL Aqua Leader Influence 54" AG | Heyward S244T Sand Filter (250 Lbs.) | 2-Speed Hayward Pump | RayPak 206 Cupro Nickel Natural Gas Heater | Hard Piped | Kontiki 2 Suction cleaner | TF-100 Test Kit w/ SpeedStir | 2016 Install | Chicago Suburbs

17. Back To Top    #17

Sure it is.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

18. Back To Top    #18

In STL MO I got 2 gal (2 bottles in a box) of 31.5% for $10.98 at Home Depot.
    27400 IG vinyl liner, Hayward t-15 SWG, Challenger/Pentair 1HP, Hayward S-210T Sand Filter
    Dolphin Nautilus, K2006 test kit

19. Back To Top    #19

Runnings.com and pickup in store is my only source unless i pay $9/gallon st HD and lowes paint section.
    Pool installed 8/2015. 30' round Radiant pool. 21,000 gallons. 200# sand. Hayward Vari flow XL valve. 1.5hp Hayward Power-Flo Matrix running 10 hours/day in two periods. TF100 with speed stir. Sun all day, south side of house
    Order test kit TF-100 w/ Speed Stir and then Poolmath Calculator --- RECOMMENDED LEVELS --- POOL SCHOOL --- Algae? --- Chlorine/CYA CHART.

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by John85 View Post
    In STL MO I got 2 gal (2 bottles in a box) of 31.5% for $10.98 at Home Depot.
    Interesting. I'm over on the other side of the river and it's like $7.98 a gallon for the low odor stuff at my Home Depot. I passed and just went and got full strength at Ace for the same price. I still want to find cheaper though. Going to look at Rural King this weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJeff View Post
    It appears Menard's has 31.45% for $3.79 for a gallon.....

Am I missing something? This is usable for the pool, no?
    well darn, I was just at Menards. I guess I'll keep this in mind for next time. They also had foam core abs pipe for making a solar cover roller, which is why I went at lunch.

17,500 gallon IG Vinyl
    Pentair Tagelus TA60D Sand filter
    Pentair Challenger 1.5HP pump CFII N1 1.5A
    Taylor K-2006-A, Stenner 45MPHP10 auto chlorine feed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast