HELP , BUILDER left me stranded

turbo997

Silver Supporter
Oct 12, 2015
Spanish Fort , Alabama
I could use a little help on the technical side.
I hired a local fellow out to help me with my pool , and it seems that he has kind of hung me out there.
I had a feeling something like this would happen , but i said all along that if i could get my shell in the ground , if i had to , I would figure everything else out.
He did get the shell in and plumbing done all the way to the equipment pad , but that is where he stopped. But now my Plasterer (that i had to locate) has came and prepped the pool , he is ready for the next step , installing the plaster. Problem is , I do not have my pump , filter , or anything else set and ready.
Can someone please help me and tell me what i need to buy , at least to get the water circulating .
I have a Pentair variable speed 3 H/P . as well as a IC60 chlorinator , but I need a filter , and valves ,
Pool is approx 40K gallons , will have 2 bubblers , 6 returns , and 3 skimmers . 2 therapy jets , i also have a pipe ran for a waterfall , not positive it will get done now or not.
question is , what / how many valves do i need ? WHat else needed to hook all of the equipment up ? I will probably also add a easy touch in the near future , but right now I need to simplify.
Which filter is best for me ? Have seriously looked at the Pentair Clean and Clear 520 , but is this overkill ?
Thank you in advance for any help !

by the way , i have also got my tile installed , coping done , and almost 3/4 of my decking done.

I don't think you can have "overkill" as far as filters are concerned. The bigger they are, the less you have to clean them. My pool is less than half as big as yours and I have the Pentair CCP520.

As far as valves go, I suspect that will depend on how the plumbing is connected. How about a picture of what the equipment pad currently looks like. Was your PB able to tell you what was what before he ditched you?

Jim R.

Do not plaster until after the equipment is installed and operational. C&C520 is a good choice.

Suction side depends if the the skimmers are run individually to the pad or tied together underground and a single pipe to the pad. If single pipe the one 3way valve to split the bottom drain and the skimmers. Individually then you still need one 3 way to split the skimmers and drain and 3 2 way valves, one for each skimmer.

Return side one 3way to split returns/jets and water features. Another 3way to split returns and jets. Another 3 way to split between bubblers and waterfall. Then I would put a 2way on each bubbler line.

All Jandy or Pentair Never Lube style valves.

There are pics of my equipment pad in my build thread, link in sig.

He did not mark any of the pipes , I guess that I will figure out what goes where by using compressed air on one end .
i am pretty sure that all of the skimmers are on dedicated lines .
im not a plumber by any means , but have done quite a bit of Pvc repair .
i will go and snap a picture , but it Will not show much , just a punch of pipes sticking out of the ground tied together with a pressure gauge . I still have to form and pour the equipment pad. Is there a standard size that I need?

Standard pad size? No. But give yourself plenty of room in case you end-up adding or moving equipment around later. Take into account the span of PVC required to connect each piece of equipment, and of course the size of the equipment itself - filter probably being the biggest. A simple search from our home page of "Equipment Pad" and you may see several examples. Have a nice weekend.

When you take the photos give us some good wide overview shots as well as reasonably close up ones are the pad. We don't need to see a pipe from 1 ft away, instead it helps to see where things are in relations to what is around it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.