Liquid Chlorine

Oro Valley, Arizona (NW Tucson) Wal-mart
16 063 date code (March 3?)
Pool Essentials brand 10 distributed by KIK Additives, Ontario, CA
$2.50 per gallon

better date codes than what they usually have on HTH brand which is $6.47 for two gallons

RE: Liquid Chlorine is pretty hard to find around here, this is the first season I've seen WalMart carry the chlorinating liquid

Looks like TFP is catching on! The pool stores may want to take note. Just like when Kodak invented digital cameras, but abandoned the idea because they were "a film company." Hmm... I can imagine a TFP franchise opening in my neighborhood soon...

Today, I bought five gallons of the 10% ($2.50 ea) at Walmart here in Tucson, date code 078. So the stuff is pretty fresh.

RE: Liquid Chlorine is pretty hard to find around here, this is the first season I've seen WalMart carry the chlorinating liquid

Looks like TFP is catching on! The pool stores may want to take note. Just like when Kodak invented digital cameras, but abandoned the idea because they were "a film company." Hmm... I can imagine a TFP franchise opening in my neighborhood soon...

Could you see a TFP pool store, that sells liquid chlorine, generic chemicals, like baking soda, washing soda, boric acid, TF-100 test kits and refills? A knowledgeable staff that would support TFP methods. But then most here on the forum seem to be very price conscious. So, do you think they would survive?

I thought of that. It would need to be the knowledge, service, and cost savings that adds value. And the bulk purchases of chems to reduce the price. But mostly, the service and knowledge alone would insure success, while the competition crumbles. Not that hard with the right approach IMO.

Not to mention the results, which is the real product.

IMG_3482.jpgIMG_3481.jpg
Walmart in Carrollton TX today

The sanitizer is larger bottle - gallon vs 121 oz
higher % and - 10% rather than 8%
cheaper 2.50 vs 2.95
Date code was 80th day of 2016

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.