5bucks

Jun 6, 2015
Quarryville/PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello! Happy Spring. This weekend we are moving a 3/4 surround deck from a neighbor's (no longer existing) 30' pool to our new 27' pool. Any tips or useful info on making the conversion would be appreciated!

You may find that the 30 will have a big gap around the 27 n may need modifications.

We plan on modifying. Just didnt know if anyone had an easy way to do the math! Have some heavy equipment and hoping to bring in 2 pieces....i know.?

- - - Updated - - -

And thanks a lot for the patience advice. Lol....not exactly the words of wisdom I was looking for!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, we need to finish around the pool. I've been bouncing around the site and see many people's ideas, but what are the MUSTS for that foot or 2 that butts up against the pool? We do have a metal base channel and walls. So I'm thinking heavy black plastic or rubber roofing material a few inches up the sides and then stone. Is that all there is to what is referred to as "backfilling"? We do have about a 3' slope a few feet behind the pool so we will do the obvious with drain tubes to shun the rainwater around the base of the pool. It would be easier to literally backfill and level that area but it's my understanding we do not want dirt a foot or two up against the wall.....I will post a picture.....

You'll want a way to divert water if there is any collection. Mine doesn't collect rain water even though it's basically in a hillside. I got lucky.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.