Under construction

Mar 29, 2016
Chicago,IL
It's not as exquisite or interesting as some of these pools in here but I'm excited and have questions for some experts also.
They came out today despite the bad weather(poured as they started) and dug out for the pool. It's being delivers Monday. I thought they were gonna have to go lower but he built up a little bit in a low corner. Is this something I should be concerned about??? Don't want it to settle or something and have the whole thing callapse. I'm a little bit of a perfectionist so it's hard for me sometimes to look at other work and think it should be nicer....also the fact I think they should of cleaned up a little better then thy left the place. Lol and I'm a union electrician in commercial if that means anything(leave your workplace as clean as it was when you started)

image.jpg
image.jpg

What ya guys think. Ground still lumpy? I Don't want to be a
pain and they dropped of the sand already in the
whole but thought it would be about 6" deeper and leveler ground. About 13" at the lowest point off ground from the hill

Forgot to mention that right after they got done digging the pool company called me to tell me the pool wasn't in stock!!!! Somehow they over sold it and offered me an upgrade to there top model. I was gonna have a steel wall with steel supports and the rest resin. Now it's a full resin w aluminum wall. Does that also sound like a
good deal as it was no charge. I've heard that the resin will warp over time but they said that's a thing of the past now

My thoughts are:

A) Can you spec the details of your pool? (Unless they are all in your signature which I can't see in Tapatalk).

B) The dig should have been almost perfectly flat.

C) There should have been no areas needing built up. It will compact. It's almost impossible to get dirt 100% compacted. The sand should just be to provide final (small) leveling and a nice base.

Disclaimer: Just a regular Joe with my personal thoughts.

My thoughts are:

A) Can you spec the details of your pool? (Unless they are all in your signature which I can't see in Tapatalk).

B) The dig should have been almost perfectly flat.

C) There should have been no areas needing built up. It will compact. It's almost impossible to get dirt 100% compacted. The sand should just be to provide final (small) leveling and a nice base.

Disclaimer: Just a regular Joe with my personal thoughts.
A)27' by 54" AG

b)it's flat but lumpy(pics aren't the greatest)

c) they built up the one corner a little that I took a pic of with the sand in it. It's a few inches there maybe 6" higher as you can see but was a little low spot there so maybe a 5' by 5' area max off a rough guess

Welcome to TFP and congrats on the new pool! Gonna be a fun summer!

I would definitely go with the upgrade. Plastic and resin technology has advanced a lot over the last few or five years. I am with you on watching other people do work at my house on my stuff. It could always be better! I would be concerned about them filling the low spot. Did they compact it with a tamper? Will they guarantee in writing that if it settles that they will come back and fix it?

Welcome to TFP and congrats on the new pool! Gonna be a fun summer!

I would definitely go with the upgrade. Plastic and resin technology has advanced a lot over the last few or five years. I am with you on watching other people do work at my house on my stuff. It could always be better! I would be concerned about them filling the low spot. Did they compact it with a tamper? Will they guarantee in writing that if it settles that they will come back and fix it?

Thanks for for the insight. I'm pretty sure they didn't tamper it down but could ask. I'm also worried if I question to much or give them a hard time that they will do a $h1t finish. I went out later now and found a spot where it's 2-3" gap where the sand will go?? Seems far off to be leveling with sand. Can't attach pic though?

That does seem like too much. You are spending a lot of money and they should answer your questions and either do the work to your specs or convince you why it is OK not to.

There is limited pic upload space on the site. Most people upload pics to Photobucket, copy the IMG code on the right and paste it in the post.

I would not accept any build up. They should level to the lowest spot. Have you paid them yet?

Water is HEAVY and it will settle :( it should be smooth.

Who is putting up the pool? I guess they could undo the lumps and smooth it out then.

Kim

I would not accept any build up. They should level to the lowest spot. Have you paid them yet?

Water is HEAVY and it will settle :( it should be smooth.

Who is putting up the pool? I guess they could undo the lumps and smooth it out then.

Kim

I paid american sale sale for the pool and it includes "free installation" that was block sand and up to 3" leveling. I'm well over that and was aware of that. The same guys that dug it out are installing it. I haven't paid them anything. I'm gonna have him come over tomorrow and tell him to dig it out more. I'll pay the $30 an inch as that's what it's contracted at. Of it doesn't like it I'm gonna tell him not to come back to install and take it to American sale. Hopefully things go smooth:)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.