Crack in sidewall of 2 y.o fiberglass pool.

Aug 4, 2014
I just noticed a 2 inch crack in the sidewall of our 2 y.o pool! I haven't contacted the installer yet because it's after business hours, but I wanted to get any advice you all have. I assume he'll suggest epoxy to get a quick fix, but I don't like that idea. The pool is manufactured by Leisure Pools, so theoretically it has a lifetime warranty. However, the installer didn't follow their guidelines during installation, so they're probably not going to honor the warranty. He didn't use gravel to line and backfill, and he didn't install a standpipe to drain under pool. When I confronted him after getting the warranty conditions, (after pool was in ground) he said that I'd never have to worry about it. I'm worried now [emoji17]

15,000 gal fiberglass pool and spa, SWG, Pentair variable speed pump, Easy Touch controls, Aqua Cal heat pump.

Update for those following. Our pool is fixed. Leisure Pools didn't ask any questions. They have a fiberglass repairman who travels all over, and he happened to be in SC this past week. He did a great job, and he said that he thought the fiberglass shell probably had a hidden defect from manufacturing or it got bumped during transit. Fingers crossed that we won't have anymore issues!

Can you describe how your pool was fixed?
What was the procedure?
Did they have to drain the entire pool?
Do you have a well point??

I wasn't home, but the guy sent me pictures. They had to take about 2/3 of water out. They pumped it into a bladder, but the bladder burst! He ground the fiberglass down at the crack then re-glassed it and applied new gel coat. It looks like new. Now I just have to get my pool water chemistry fixed with the addition of all the new H2O! I don't know what a well point is?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.