Holy cow, this is frustrating. I've been having conversations with pool owners, pool builders, friends, and now strangers on a forum; all trying to determine what is the best option for our pool project. These are the things that I know:
- We're doing a 20x40 rectangle
- Saltwater Chlorinator
- Corner steps in the shallow end
- Corner bench in the deep end
- Diving board
- No heater option at the present time
After that, I'm at a loss. Hopefully I can get some firm answers from the great contributors on this forum. I've read a bunch here, but I still would like some clarity on the following questions:
1) Is there any difference between a steel-walled vs concrete walled vinyl pools? The steel guys say that their way is better. The concrete guys say that their way is better. Other guys say that it really doesn't matter. Steel rusts. Concrete cracks. Steel steps flex. Concrete steps are not as precise. etc, etc, etc. Does it really matter?
2) Is there any difference between equipment manufacturers (ie Pentair, Hayward, or Jandy)? Guys that sell Jandy say they are the best. Guys that sell Hayward say that they make the best products. And the same can be said for Pentair. Does it really matter?
3) Is there any difference between poured concrete vs an RCA base for a paver patio around the pool? Again, guys that work in RCA claim it's better because it's permeable and the manufacturer's warranty states that it needs to be on RCA. The concrete guys say that concrete will not shift and it's better for pavers. Does it really matter?
4) Is there any difference between having two main drains vs having deep returns in the pool? Some guys say main drains aren't necessary anymore because the returns are more powerful and circulate water better, while others say that it would be will stupid not to have main drains. Does it really matter?
I'm sure I have more questions, but let's get the dialogue started with these questions so far. Thanks in advance for all of your insight!