Thousands of tiny Knat type bugs in pool - suggestions?

Feb 21, 2016
Sanford/FL
Today I found tiny black bugs clinging to pool side at water level. Stir them up and they go right back. They seem to be alive. They are on direct sun side from skimmer corner and around to spa.

Had a few dead worms on bottom.

Test show water readings in range. Water temp is 76.

I have never seen them before here or at previous pool.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of them? What may have caused them?

mowed the lawn yesterday. Air temp is 83, central Florida location.

thanks

I did forget that Lake Monroe in Sanford Fl has an annual period of knats that bite called no-see-ums. My new home is in Sanford Fl. What is a skimmer sock? By the very nature of the title, I'd figure it to be some type of fabric cover for the skimmer basket?

- - - Updated - - -

Not love bug season yet. Coming soon though. Lake Jessup bridge is the worst in Seminole County FL for them in my opinion. I always had to wash the car after crossing that bridge in love bug season.

The hair nets came today. Hubby put one on his leaf skimmer and skimmed off a ton of little particles floating on the top of the water that drive him crazy (and drive me crazy listening to him complain! We will also try a hair net in the skimmer basket when the current pool sock is kaput.

Great recommendation!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.