Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cement cracked

1. Back To Top    #1

Altoona Pennsylvania

Cement cracked

Hi I am in the process of having a new liner put in my pool. The old one tore so I drained the pool and took the old liner out. I have a liner ordered and it should be installed within the 3 weeks. The problem is now that the liner is out and the pool is drained there are several cracks in the cement on the bottom and it seems as if water is seeping in from the sides and filling the pool back up. The guy installing the liner said he will fix the cracks but he didn't seem to concerned with the water coming in. Should I be worried about this or will it stop once the liner is in and the pool is filled back up? Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Cement cracked

Welcome to TFP!!!

I would guess that the water in the pool will be pumped out prior to installing the liner. Once the liner is full of water, it should hold the ground water out, although obviously ideally the cracks would be fully sealed.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!