Question about unread posts

As you've opened a list of posts, and are done reading/responding, you want to go up to <Forum Actions> and click <Mark Forums Read>. Then the next time you want to read posts you just need to click <New Posts>.

You want to click the "new posts" link, I think

Top left, right under "Home". Also, if you look under "Settings", it will show anything with new posts under threads in which you've started, responded, or subscribed to. You can get notifications for threads without posting by going to "Thread tools", then pick "subscribe to thread" while in the thread you want to keep track of. Hope that helps!

No need to mark the forums as read. If you do that the older posts, that you have not read, will not show up under "New Posts" either.

If I am not interested in the original post, I don't need to see it again. Hence when I'm done going through all the posts, I mark them all read. Then the next time I open up and hit <new posts> I'm seeing only stuff that's new, or posts with new responses (which may still be uninteresting to me, but I see it). It lists all the new posts in a list, not by subforums. It works well for me. YMMV :)

I also like to review the posts I've answered and subscribed to by using the <subscribed threads> option under <search links>

If you want to get fancy, I made a custom search that shows my participated threads (this is like the view you get in Tapatalk).

Go to "Advanced Search", choose the "Search Single Content Type" tab.
Set "Search Type" = Posts
Enter your username and select "Find Latest Posts by User"
Search All Open Forums
Find Threads: "At Least" and blank
Find Posts: "Any Date" "and Newer"
Sort Results by: "Last Posting Date" "in Descending Order"
Show Results as: "Threads"

Then hit "Go" by the "Save Search Preferences"

Every time you go back to that search page, the setting will be saved like this.
So 3 clicks and I have a list of all the threads I have participated in, with most recent modification at the top. And they are BOLD if you have not read them since the last post.

we need a button like new posts I know it will show in new posts

No response/reply button...

someone with no reply's can get lost very fast, and I would love to hit a button and see "first posts"

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Casey, Look up at the darker line up top...........Find "My search links", there is one in there that says "Unanswered post week".

The one I use is "Today's posts".... it shows what has been posted since I last signed on BUT one thing I have to watch is there will be some new posts happen while I am on TFP working on threads so I might miss them so I always go back below the "New since you signed on last" line to see if missed any just below the line.

Kim

That would be awesome Kim, but it is not on mine..

I have 4 links

my threads
my posts
todays posts
my subscriptions

Maybe an admin feature?

Is there a way to add the feature to 'like' or 'appreciate' specific posts?

It could come in handy and keep threads better on topic if someone was able to appreciate a post instead of replying and potentially moving it off topic. I've seen it work successfully in other forums I follow.

LOL, did I just go offtopic myself? Dangit! ;)

That would be awesome Kim, but it is not on mine..

I have 4 links

my threads
my posts
todays posts
my subscriptions

Maybe an admin feature?

Yes, guides, experts and mods have it.

I mostly use the new posts link, same as Yippee. Scan all the new posts and mark them read. Repeat. That way I see all posts in all forums in one place.

Using New Posts is handy on several levels. It has a green arrow on threads you have replied to so you can see those at a blance. It also has a last unread post button that will take you right to the last post that you haven't read, so no scrolling to figure out where you last read. That is the coolest! It is the little button next to the thread title. Click it!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.