Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool starting soon

1. Back To Top    #1

Seymour, IN

New pool starting soon

Please give me your suggestions that we need to make sure of right now. We are 3.5-5.5 feet with seating, deck jets, volleyball, and basketball poles.

ALSO, my husband wants underwater speakers. Good idea or not?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New pool starting soon

I moved your post here to the UC forum.

UNDER water speakers? Actually under the water? Maybe water proof around the pool, or inside perimeter above the waterline, but underwater won't work.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Welcome to TFP!

I've never seen or heard an underwater speaker. Post your equipment list/specs and the design/layout and people will jump in. Congrats on the new pool!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4
    New York

Think things you can't do later like lights. Do you want a cleaner that works off a booster pump at some point? You should plumb for it now. you can always add a heater, SWG, etc later but you can't go back and add lights or the plumbing for a booster pump. Underwater speakers are not a good idea.
    Inground, vinyl liner, 16 x 32 (approx. 21k gallons), roman end w/ bench, 2 Jandy LEG lights
    Pump: Jandy Flopro, 1.5 hp Heater: Raypak, 266k btu (P-R266-A-EN-C; nat gas) Filter: Jandy C340 (cartridge filter)

5. Back To Top    #5
    Tucson, AZ

There are certainly such things as underwater speakers. I think they're only good for if you're swimming laps so you can listen to music while doing so.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide
    'burbs of Augusta, Georgia

I am always encouraging people to go deeper!! Way more fun, IMO.
    12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter

7. Back To Top    #7

Deland, FL

The 4 seasons hotel at Disney ORLANDO has underwater speakers in the adult pool area. Idea is cool but it wasn't great in practice.

youd get more use out of a good set of patio speakers so everyone around the pool could enjoy, just my unsolicited advice