Just ordered aqua finesse water care tablets...hope this helps with the slime/mold

Jul 20, 2014
Berks County, PA
I think this is the last ditch effort to be able to continue with baquacil and hopefully control the pink slime and white water mold issues. I've read good things about these aqua finesse tablets. From the research, it does appear that biofilm issues are not only associated with baquacil, but yet from what everyone says here it seems much more common a problem with baq as opposed to chlorine. I'll report how things go once I get underway in a few weeks.

Good luck, I have been there with fighting Baqua Slime, and will never go that route again.

- - - Updated - - -

Good luck, I have been there with fighting Baqua Slime, and will never go that route again.

Sodium Carbonate and Disodium Metasilicate. Both very basic so keep an eye on your pH. Good luck.

From the traffic we see here on the forum, baquacil appears close to dead. I'm sure there are those that are having no issues but we don't hear from them.
Even the dealers I know have stopped carrying baqua products. Despite the decent profit to be made from it, when things go wrong and the customers switch back to chlorine they tend to find another dealer too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.