Automatic Multiport Valve and Variable Speed Pump

Mar 30, 2016
Spain
Hi,

I am new to pools and have a question regarding Automatic Multiport Valves and a Variable Speed Pump.

If I have a valve such as this:

http://pdbdocs.astralpool.com/manuales/MAN10_32581_vrac_basic_AP_410_v2.02_2011-01.pdf

And a pump such as this:

Viron P320 eVo Pump | AstralPool

How do I make sure that the pump automatically switches to high power when the valve performs a backwash?

My pump will run 24 hours a day on low, and I assume it will need a higher flow rate to do a thorough backwashing.

Do I need some sort of controller device, or can the valve communicate directly with the pump?

Thanks very much.

Welcome to TFP!

I've never seen an automated backwash valve before. Most folks manually backwash their sand filters when the pressure rises 25% from clean pressure. The VS pump has a timer and can be set to run at different speeds at specified times. The timer in the pump should be able to be set to to run at higher speed to coordinate with the backwash time.

Thank you both for your help.

From what I understand, the valve can be set on a timer and also set to measure the pressure and perform a backwash when it reaches a certain level. As pooldv mentions, a 25% rise is adequate.

I will certainly get in touch with the manufacturer to ask the details.

Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.