I moved into this house a few months ago and this is the first time I have had to take care of a pool. I was having trouble getting the chlorine levels down and I believe it was because too much salt was added and the chlorine generator was turned up too high before we moved in. I was told to use thio-trine to get the cholrine levels to go down so I did. I may have used too much because now when I test the water, I report the chlorine levels to be zero. Also the last time I tested the water, the salt ppm was at 4.4 which was way up from a 3.7 ppm reading two days beforehand. The pool has been above 85 degrees F most of the time but usually closer to 95 F. The pH is maintaining about 7.5-8. I have also turned the chlorine generator all the way up and still zero chlorine.
Any thoughts on what I should do now are greatly appreciated.