What about Bonding an above ground pools?

Mar 29, 2016
Avon, NC
hi linen - i have been researching and searching for answers to my particular situation and have not yet found a logical or conclusive answer on bonding - perhaps you can provide some logic: I have an 11x22' all fiberglass pool (designed to go inground) - being installed here in the outer banks, nc, however this pool is elevated up to the first floor level about 15' in the air on 28 pilings. Therefore, it is an above ground pool with absolutely no metal in its composition or accessories - (there is an underwater LED (12v) light. I will be bonding the pump housing, gas heater, 12v transformer housing and the water using a Perma-Cast PB2008 Water Bonding Fitting which will be located inline between the filter and pump. I see no logic in running any #8 wire to the pool as there is no apparent reason to do so - your thoughts on this? and do you also bond the sub power panel ? I don't see anything about that - thanks in advance / keith

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.