Rolled Beam Pebble Tech Cracks

Feb 12, 2016
Gilbert, AZ
We love the pool with the house we bought last summer and excited for the season to start again in a few weeks! Thanks for the wonderful TFP resource. The pool is looking great without spending thousands thanks to the help here!

Unfortunately our pool has a rolled beam design and about 10 years old. It is starting to crack. See the pics. Someone at HD recommended caulk, but that seems like a messy, difficult application. Can I just use a concrete sealant and paint over the cracks? Something else?

I have learned it is not the best design and very seldom used any more in AZ with such hot sunny days. I'd love to get several more years with the current pool and I'm sure there is some maintenance to prevent bigger problems. The previous owner had a couple of places patched, but that doesn't seem to work well as those are cracking worse than the original. Most are perpendicular hairline cracks (I think caused by time and heat) and a few horizontal cracks (maybe from some settling or time). My biggest concern is that a few of the small cracks are getting down near to the water line and I think that is when I start to have big problems as water gets behind the pool wall.

Thanks in advance for any advice and shared experience.

IMG_4347.jpgIMG_4348.jpgIMG_4352.jpgIMG_4353.jpg

I've read somewhere before that pebble tech may crack when exposed to the air like in your case especially in extreme heat. It needs to be submerged under water for best results is what the article indicated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.