Both skimmer lines clogged with leaves. Drain king not working.

That's a bummer! I would probably go with a plumber's snake. Disconnect the pump if it is connected with unions or put a towel or something to catch the junk. If there are Jandy valves in front of the pump take the cover off first and try to grab stuff there.

Here's a shot in the dark but it usually works for me. I call it popping (not trademarked yet). Get the VS pump going at full speed on the main drain open the skimmer line, wait for the pump to recover then slam shut the main drain valve. Count to 5 and re-open. Rinse and repeat. Hopefully that will get it. If not I suggest rigging up an air compressor to a threaded fitting for the skimmer and trying that, don't forget to open the pump lid.

GL!

Another thing you could try is to use the drain king on one end while holding a tennis ball in the other end to build up pressure. Hold the tennis ball as the drain king runs until pressure builds up. You'll be able to tell when the pressure is really building up because you'll hardly be able to hold the tennis ball in place and the sound of the drain king will change. When it does, quickly release the tennis ball to let the pressure release immediately. Keep repeating until the blockage is removed. I had my skimmer line plugged with pine straw (skimmer basket was missing) and the drain king alone would not do a thing. Mostly because water would move thru the pine straw blockage and not really build up pressure. It took about 5 tries of the tennis ball trick to have a giant clump of pine straw come flying out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.