Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: lakepool145

1. Back To Top    #1

Question lakepool145

Hi! We've recently installed a 30' x 45' in ground salt water pool with overflow spa and two 24" sheer descents. It's beautiful except for one of the 24" sheer descents. It doesn't flow correctly and dumps a lot of water in the surrounding area. Our pool builder says its because of the water pressure and we just need to live with it. I think it's something else. Can anyone give some advice?
    Thanks a bunch,

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: lakepool145

That kind of reply sounds like a contractor who already received their final payment. I hope they can do better than that for you. I don't have a specific remedy for your sheer decent, but did want to say welcome to TFP! Nice to have you with us.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!!!

I agree, sounds like the builder giving the run around.

Post up some pictures.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP and congrats on the new pool!

They should have installed a valve for each sheer descent so that you can adjust the water flow to it.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you everyone!! No we haven't made the final payment and there are separate valves for each descent and at full pressure and being the only one running it doesn't flow right.

6. Back To Top    #6

Thank you and final payment hasn't been made😊

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by lakepool145 View Post
    Thank you everyone!! No we haven't made the final payment and there are separate valves for each descent and at full pressure and being the only one running it doesn't flow right.
    Well, I doubt it was designed to run that way

Is there any problem when both are running?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

8. Back To Top    #8

Yes, actually it flows the same regardless if it is on by itself or running with the other shear, bubblers and spa all at one time. It also dumps a lot of water which the other one doesn't do. The shears are designed to arc over a fire feature and into the pool. At corrosive as salt is, I'm sure we will be replacing the fire feature in no time. I will post some pictures as soon as I figure out how. LOL and thanks for replying.

9. Back To Top    #9

Upload pics to Photobucket, copy the IMG code on the right and paste it in your post.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

10. Back To Top    #10

To post more/larger pictures, you either need to raise your storage allotment by Becoming a TFP Supporter or follow the How To Post Pictures tutorial.
    Jason, TFP Moderator