Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stain removal, Amazing.

1. Back To Top    #1

Stain removal, Amazing.

I had a few brown spots on my fiberglass steps and swim out. Tried a puck, nothing happened. Got some vitamin c, put a few in a piece of an old white t shirt, whacked them with a hammer a few times and then just rubbed on the stains. The stains came up almost instantly. Was simply amazing how easy it was to get them up.
    I think I will just wait and see what happens, if they come back I am thinking no big deal to just do the spot treatment every now and then. I am thinking a full asboric acid treatment would be over kill for these few spots. Any opinions?
    Thanks

Mark, Pool: 30,000 gallon, IG Vinyl, Pentair Superflo Variable Speed 1.5 HP pump, Hayward S220T Sand Filter, Taylor k-2006 Test kit with speedstir. Dolphin Nautilus Plus.
    Hot Tub: Hot Spring Grandee 450 Gallons, Ace System (Salt water Chlorine Generator) Dichlor / Bleach method. Taylor K1766 Salt Test.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stain removal, Amazing.

Probably would be .if it was that easy to spot treat them. If it gets worse later, or more scattered out, you could think about it then.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Now have to work on the bath tub ring around the steps and swimout. The rings are above the water line, assuming the previous owners didn't keep the pool drained like they should. Trying a 50/50 water and bleach solution to start.

Mark, Pool: 30,000 gallon, IG Vinyl, Pentair Superflo Variable Speed 1.5 HP pump, Hayward S220T Sand Filter, Taylor k-2006 Test kit with speedstir. Dolphin Nautilus Plus.
    Hot Tub: Hot Spring Grandee 450 Gallons, Ace System (Salt water Chlorine Generator) Dichlor / Bleach method. Taylor K1766 Salt Test.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

It could just be that a few grains of a fertilizer with iron fell into the pool. I know that in my previous pool, I had to be careful when fertilizing the grass near the pool.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Try the vitamin C on the ring to. Worked for me.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

6. Back To Top    #6

Good idea, the 50/50 bleach and water didn't work. Will go try it right now

7. Back To Top    #7

No go on the vitamin c on the ring, it might have lightened it a little but very slight. Any other ideas? I did try magic erasers on it last year but that didn't work either. I think part of the problem it is very finely textured, so hard to get in those tiny crevices.