Sloped walls

Nov 9, 2015
Lawrence, KS
We are in the process of inground vinyl liner pool construction and I was not aware that the walls had to be sloped. I've talked to my builder but I'm still a little confused. Especially in the deep end, there is a good 2-3 ft slope that cuts off some of the pool length. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Yes, every vinyl pool I've ever seen had sloped walls in the hopper section. It seems in my mind that its basically a gravity thing. You are not building the pool base with something that will support a vertical wall when it is exposed (i.e. during construction and during a liner repair or water draw down.) Also, in the past many pools had sand bases which obviously wouldn't work vertically. Vermiculite could probably be installed vertically but again would not support any outside water/soil pressure without water to offset it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.