Concord, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I took a sample of both my pool and spa water to a local pool store just to get the metals tested. We filled our pool back in August with a fill service and of course have topped off as needed with our well water. Spa has been filled totally with our well water. I just ran Ahh-some thru it over the weekend, drained and refilled.

So I would love some feedback about whether or not I need to add a sequestrant to the water with my levels:

POOL:
0 Copper
0.4 Iron

SPA:
0.1 Copper
0.3 Iron

Thank you!!

Iron only usually starts to be a problem when the levels are above 2 to 3ppm. Of course, the iron levels depend on the test procedures used. There are tests that simply measure dissolved iron and tests that measure both dissolved iron and total iron.

For copper, you want levels below 0.3ppm or else Cu will start to stain. Same types of test are true for copper as well.

So you can see that your well water is not metal free and will contribute to your total metal load.

Do you keep your pool level with an auto fill or do you top off with a garden hose?

You might look into using some kind of hose end filter for metals (search online for them). Since you seem to have metals coming from your well, the last thing you want to do is add them to your pool. It's just a royal pain to deal with metals in pool water so anyway you can be proactive about it the better off you will be.

I wouldn't worry about the spa. It's low volume and you should be dumping it periodically. Metal contamination there is really not an issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.