Wichita KS 20X36 Vinyl Rectangle with AutoCover

Hopefully our dream of becoming pool owners will soon be coming true. While a bit stressful, the last few weeks of planning have been exciting.

We decided on a PB and signed the contract last week. He made the outline in our yard today and will submit the plans to our HOA and the city tomorrow. Our PB has been fantastic to work with so far.

We originally wanted to go with a free form design but decided to go the route with an autocover instead. Also, our original quote was for an 18x36 but after seeing a 20x40 recent build by our PB we asked to extend the width to 20'. We can't go any longer due to not having enough room.

Pool Details
20X36 Vinyl lined with undertrack autocover
Custom concrete coping
9' corner step
Pentair SWG
Globrite LED Light pair
Polaris 280 cleaner with booster pump
Cartridge Filter Upgrade
Pentair Intelliflo Pump Upgrade
Easy Touch Controller
4 Deck Jets

Picture of the outline in our backyard. Our property line ends just past the end of the pool. More updates and pics to follow soon.

pool layout.jpg

Sounds great! What is the depth profile? One comment, two Globrite LED's will not provide satisfactory lighting for that size pool. I recommend two of their full-size counterparts instead. Two of them will provide nice lighting - but not too bright.

For the SWCG, an IC-45 will work but an IC-60 will be cheaper in the long run. If you have a deep-end, definitely get the IC-60.

He'll likely say it's not needed. It just one of those things that's better to oversize (same as the filter). There is a fixed cost component to them and a variable cost. They only last so many hours, directly proportional to the number in the model number. So the longer the variable portion lasts, the longer the fixed portion gets amortized over so to speak. Not a huge deal but one thing that will save a few bucks overall and not need replacing as soon (which when it does may cause you an algae bloom if you are not testing daily).

It was a good day today. The HOA approved the work and we signed the papers on our final loan. The plan is to start digging mid to late next week.

I changed the lighting to be the single Pentair Intellibrite 5G instead of the 2 GloBrites.

I asked our PB about upgrading to the IC60 unit and he stated it would produce too much chlorine. I need to keep my peace with him so I'm going to leave it be.

Below is a picture of the drawing we're suggesting on the pool depth dimensions.
pool floor measurements.jpg

That IS some great progress! Crazy what a machine can do!

Keep taking pics and sharing them. If you become a supporting member you will have more storage space for pics AND you will get a discount of the test kit!

CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!!

You pool will be done before you know it so you need to go ahead and get your test kit. That way you can test your fill water and know what to have on hand when the water is added.

Kim

The neighbors may just redirect a walkway from their back door on over. Are you friendly?

Yes, it gets started with a bang...and vinyl can go VERY quickly. Looking great!

I second the test kit...my recommendation is the TF-100 with Speed Stir.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.