Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Working pool and household projects

1. Back To Top    #1

Working pool and household projects

Am I the only one that feels like they are spending too much time working on pool, garden and house projects to actually use the pool? Today's project is re-wall paper the pool house bathroom (the old wall paper was shot, delaminating, but it was also 30+ years old), the new stuff is some cheap clearance wallpaper I bought at Lowes a couple of years ago for another project (office break room) that never happened, it is a light parchment style paper with faded postal marks and faded handwriting on it, would not be my first choice, but hey it was on hand and color pallet goes with the medium dark wood on the walls below the chair rail. Overall I think it will do a good job at hiding the imperfections in the drywall prep work and primer. Yesterday was building a garden trellis out of T posts and 5x8 cattle panels for the 4 trailing thornless blackberries I planted last week. (5 8 ft long panels and 5 T posts), this is in addition to the 26 other erect growing thronless blackberries I planted in early Feb, as well as 2 peach trees, 2 new blueberry bunches, and 5 citrus trees (3 new Satsuma's, a Myers Lemon, and a Cara Cara Orange). Next will be installing the new kitchen sink, and having the kitchen floor refinished, hiring a professional for the floor as it is a tricky sun dried mexican tile.

Ike
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Working pool and household projects

My ex always told me I created too much work for myself by doing projects....guess that's why he's my ex
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

3. Back To Top    #3

I am so overwhelmed with house projects, that I am not sure where to start ... so I don't
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

I will join you here!

-Cleared the area by the road of 15 YEARS of brush/trees/vines by myself. Husband cut 6 trees my clippers could not cut. Mind you this is about a football field long area! (we live on 6.5 acres).

-Removed barbwire from the old fence on said front of the property. 5 strands deep.

Still to do-put up new fence. 3 rail wood fence. It will NOT be painted LOL

Kim (so who in their right mind thinks having 6.5 acres is a good idea?? Oh wait that was me LOL)
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

kimkats, try 350
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter

6. Back To Top    #6

Right there with ya'll. My list is waaayyy, waaayyy long. Only 5 acres and 4 donkeys! 350 acres is nice!

-Installed new wood stove over winter, need to mortar brick veneer, install molding and done
    -Installed new geothermal heat pump in Feb, need break in check up and done
    -Built outdoor bath with toilet, shower and sink last summer, need to open it and make sure everything is still good
    -Built 16x32 screen porch fall/winter, need to screen, install screen doors, install chimney for wood stove, install electric, lights and ceiling fans and trim work and done
    -Renovating master bath, shower moved and installed and glass ordered, new Pex lines and drains are installed, lighting installed, insulation, vanity ready to go, ordering bamboo flooring tomorrow, sheetrocking tomorrow, getting close
    -new kitchen sink and faucet waiting for me
    -new vanity for hall bath waiting for me to retile floor and shower
    -Hayward heat pump and solar cover waiting for me
    -planted some flowers this weekend

On list
    build veggie garden and greenhouse
    build potting shed
    get some chickens and build a chicken hut
    cut down a couple of dead trees for firewood
    new roof

I clean the pool in my spare time!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
    kimkats, try 350
    ACRES????????? OUCH! All cleared? WOW!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Most cleared, about 40 acres are wooded with a creek going through the middle, the rest has cattle on it (family land), and we have a ranch manager that is a few years younger than I am that has worked on it off and on since he was 13 years old, I guess he is in his 40's now, he also has a shift work day job that gives him several days off in a row, I mostly stay away from the cattle management side of things, but the yard area around the main house (well only house now) is about 5.5 acres, and that alone is a handful to keep up, this year I have mainly been working on planting new fruit trees as we had lost several over the last few years to freezes, and just age.

9. Back To Top    #9

Yes, when you own property and a big house, it actually owns you. Probably the major reason we stayed in a modest sized house. Still.... it keeps us busy. We just put a new roof on and now we need to paint the exterior trim. Kids have moved out and it's time to give new assignments to their old bedrooms. Looking like it will be an office, which means moving the entire computer set up and then making the other room a guest room. First thing will be painting because I let my daughter paint her room hot pink when she was in high school. Oh, regrets.
    14,000 gallon above ground 24ftx56in round vinyl overlap liner steel wall sand filter 1/2 hp pump heavy lime in city water morning shade

10. Back To Top    #10

I, has your farm manager been training someone to take his place or at least help him out?

kk----lol........at least it is just paint..........if it were wallpaper NOT fun!

Kim

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    I am so overwhelmed with house projects, that I am not sure where to start ... so I don't
    That's the way to do it!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter