Algae gone!! Now to balance????

Lula

Mar 7, 2016
MIAMI, FLA.
Hello,
So I think I have won the war!!! Passed all three criteria with flying colors two days in a row (wasn't taking any chances...). So now I know I need to get my numbers straight. Here they are for today;

FC - 5.5
CC- 0
PH - 7.0
TA - 9.0
CYA - 30 or less

I have CYA ready to go, am going to get BORAX after I post. Questions are is there an order I should follow? PH first maybe? Do I need to wait a certain amount of time before changing each parameter? Am I correct to be shooting for a CYA of 60 for my pool? I have full sun from sun up to sun down so I am wondering if mid- Miami summer does this number even need to be higher?

I know its crazy but I am panicking because the ph and cya are so low and it is a sunny day... I hear the little algae laughing at me and plotting their return...

Congrats! Your TA seems off. Could you have entered that wrong, TA = 90 maybe? One easy, cheap way to raise your ph is cannonballs. If your sure your not actually less than 7 feel free to get in and splash around.

I wish I had your sun to worry about in Illinois, but cya of 60 seems high, maybe. It eventually may prove worthwhile to get that high, but I would let it be a slow climb. Maybe target 50 and then see how the pool reacts.

Hello again Lula. :wave: In sunny FL, even if you go up to 60 that may be fine in the summer. But for now, just to be sure about the 30 CYA (30-ish), I would plan for a target of 50. That way if your initial CYA test was slightly low, you have some wiggle room. That higher CYA will do well to protect your FC (bleach). From there, always keep that FC in the 5-7 range. In fact, I'd try to never let it go below 5. Your pH is a bit low, and yes, borax will work fine. Or you could aerate if you have a fountain or something to let than creep-up to the 7.5 range. I think you may have meant "90" for TA right? That's good for now.

Doesn't really matter which order for your numbers. In fact, since you're not adding any acid, just start right away, no waiting for anything. :)

Look at our Lula being a good pool caregiver! She knew some numbers were off and how to fix them! How far she has come in such a short time! NICE JOB!

I hope you stick around to help others when they need it. You can read threads to help you learn so you can pass it on.

HUGS and good job!

Kim

Thank you Kim! The TFP people have taught me so much! and with incredible patience... I feel like I still have much more to learn and will be doing so right here! after all there is a re-plaster somewhere in my future, groan....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.