Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sent wrong pool liner? ? Help

1. Back To Top    #1

Sent wrong pool liner? ? Help

Ordered a new above ground pool. 27 round 54 inch wall. The problem I'm having is the liner bottom seam will not make it to the cove ( foam cove ) so in return the liner is not long enough for the wall.. Called the seller they said the liner would work but clearly on the box it reads 48 52.. claim it works on 54 inch wall also.. help I'm stuck. . All wrinkles are out of the bottom also. .

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Sent wrong pool liner? ? Help

Hi, welcome to TFP! I have a few questions for you. Is this an overlap liner or does it have a j-hook or bead that fits in a channel on the top edge of the pool? Have you started filling the pool with water? What was the approximate temperature when you started hanging the liner? Could you post some pictures of the problem?
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Also please edit your location to include the state, it helps to know the climate when giving some advice
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

4. Back To Top    #4

Temperature was 70 degrees. .a little cloudy. . Liner is a overlap. . I live in lower state south Carolina. . Yes I did start filling the pool got about 6 inches that is when I noticed the wall trying to buckle. So I stopped with the water..

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

did you bring the sand cove in the middle 2 to 4 inches up the side of the pool?

Swimming Pool Installation - What to Expect - 1 of 2 - YouTube

at 5:18 it starts showing the sand, see how they push it up against the wall

Edit: I see you have the foam cove, is the sand under it higher than the middle?
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

6. Back To Top    #6

I have 54 pool and the liner box said 48-52. My wife pulled the liner about 2" over the top of the wall while I put the plastic strips on and temporarily tapped the top rails over that, working our way around. Then the liner stretched as we filled it (we also have about 1 foot deep end in the center).
    15x54 swim & play vinyl metal wall AG
    Hayward S210T sand filter 1.5 HP Pentair Superflo vs
    Rheem raypak 130,000 BTU mv ng
    Jacuzzi 345 whirlpool bath
    TF-100 test kit, HM digital com100 Wanda the Whale

7. Back To Top    #7

Talked with gli liner manufacturer they told me it would fit but it needs to be professional installation. That there would be very little overlap. Gonna wait for it to heat up a little more. Than try again. . As for the pool bottom there is no sand it is a extruded polystyrene board.alot nicer bottom than sand in my opinion. .what would be the rule of thumb on liner stretch. . What %

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

ahhh, that is the same way I installed mine, LOVE IT

liner stretch I have no idea about, sorry... I do know the hotter it is the more it will stretch..
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

9. Back To Top    #9

It appears the liner needed a little more sun it started to fit in place. .. when can I install my top seat ledge ? While the pool is filling or wait until it's over half way full

10. Back To Top    #10

I would leave it off so you can get to the liner if you need to adjust it as it fills.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

11. Back To Top    #11

I would leave it off til it gets to the bottom of skimmer n then put it on. You should have all your major adjustments done by then.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter