can I replace existing jets with TwyrlyByrd jets

colorfaux

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 28, 2015
austin/tx
Hi All, I am in the middle of a re-plaster job and have decided to inquire about replacing the older jets. I am just working with a plaster company so they don't really answer these types of questions. I am thinking of ordering new jets and giving them to the guys to install when they plaster. I have posted my remodel in the construction forum. IMG_0190.jpgWill they work with what I currently have?

After much searching and consult with any one who will talk to me, the answer is no. The best I can do is replace the eyeball fittings with flush mounts - which is still an improvement! Just thought I would post the answer for someone else who is looking for similar information.

Not so fast my friend! If that picture you posted is what I think it is then the answer would be yes, yes you can. If you've removed the eyeball fitting and have 1.5" pipe there then the twirly fitting will glue inside the 1.5" pipe. This is all depending on how much pipe is there, may need an extender. The Twirly fitting sits 3/4" below plaster depth for a close to flush fit once plaster is applied.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.