Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: can I replace existing jets with TwyrlyByrd jets

1. Back To Top    #1

can I replace existing jets with TwyrlyByrd jets

Hi All, I am in the middle of a re-plaster job and have decided to inquire about replacing the older jets. I am just working with a plaster company so they don't really answer these types of questions. I am thinking of ordering new jets and giving them to the guys to install when they plaster. I have posted my remodel in the construction forum. IMG_0190.jpgWill they work with what I currently have?
    Austin, TX in ground 28,000 Midnight Blue regular pebble w/ abalone pool and spa, Aqua Rite Chlorine Generator, Cart filter, Jandy Niceless lights, Aqualink automation, Leslie's DPD test

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: can I replace existing jets with TwyrlyByrd jets

After much searching and consult with any one who will talk to me, the answer is no. The best I can do is replace the eyeball fittings with flush mounts - which is still an improvement! Just thought I would post the answer for someone else who is looking for similar information.
    Austin, TX in ground 28,000 Midnight Blue regular pebble w/ abalone pool and spa, Aqua Rite Chlorine Generator, Cart filter, Jandy Niceless lights, Aqualink automation, Leslie's DPD test

3. Back To Top    #3

Sorry no one here had the answer, glad you posted back what you found out!
    - Matrioux

2007 18K pebble IG pool - Wincor Pool Systems automation & SWG (under development) - DE Jandy DEL60 Filter - Jandy 1HP Pump - TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Not so fast my friend! If that picture you posted is what I think it is then the answer would be yes, yes you can. If you've removed the eyeball fitting and have 1.5" pipe there then the twirly fitting will glue inside the 1.5" pipe. This is all depending on how much pipe is there, may need an extender. The Twirly fitting sits 3/4" below plaster depth for a close to flush fit once plaster is applied.