Help on stripping and sealing stamped and stained concrete.....

Derekj

Mar 21, 2016
San Marcos Texas
I all, I am in desperate help on how to strip stamped concrete. When we built our pool we colored the concrete and stamped it with another color. I then applied a water based "wet look" sealer which lasted what seemed like a few weeks. Later I applied a solvent based sealer that lasted a bit longer. Now its flaky and dry. The concrete and limestone are almost the same color now and it looks real bad. I am wanting to strip the sealant and was told to apply Super Seal - 30 which is a gloss. Most removers require scraping which is impossible due to the stamp. If anyone can shed some light i would appreciate it. Thanks.

I am not completely sure so maybe someone else will help also..

I would think a 3500 PSI pressure washer would do the trick, I have heard of people using cleaning solutions but most of the time I have heard that the heated big boy pressure washers are the best..

something like this

Gas Hot Water Pressure Washer Rentals | Sunbelt Rental Rentals

you want to "remove" everything.. basically starting over fresh.. Marking the concrete is the issue and why you have to pick the correct tip, how far away from the concrete, heat, and cleaners you are using... The old adage start someplace that if screwed up you wont notice :)

I was trying to remove some sealer from concrete pavers and came to the same conclusion- hot water pressure washer. My 3,000 psi Kärcher would just barely make any headway on it. I searched for a rental, with no luck. Most rental shops only had cold water units, due to the extra maintainance required for the heaters. I ended up hiring someone to do it for about what renting the equipment would have cost. It did a pretty good job of removing the sealer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.