Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SLAM question

1. Back To Top    #1

Houston, Tx

SLAM question

TFP saved me last summer as I was about at my wits end with the pool stores. With tons of help from this forum I did my first SLAM last summer and kept on with the program through the rest of the year with little issues.

I left my pool go thorough the winter, but now want to get it ready for the pool season. Although I wasn't nearly out of whack as much as I was last year I am doing a SLAM.

My CH, TA, and pH are all with in range. My CYA is 30, so my target shock FC is 12. I've been slamming for a few days and my water has looked great for a couple. My FC dropped pretty fast for the first couple of days. My FC has now stabilized. It has been between 13 and 14 for almost 24 hours without having to add any bleach. My issue is that my CC for the past 24 hours has stayed between 1 and 1.5. It seems weird that my FC isn't dropping even though I still have CC.

Is this an issue? Should I do anything different, or just keep on slamming until that CC drops to 0? Just be patient???
    In ground 30,000 gallon rectangular plaster/pebble pool, hot tub with blower, 2 HP Pentair WisperFlo Single Speed Pump, 420 Pentair Clean and Clear Plus Cartridge Filter, Pentair Rainbow 320 Chlorinator, Easy Touch Control System, Pentair 400K BTU heater, Interfab G Force Slide with dedicated 1 HP pump, Travertine Decking, CoverStar automatic pool cover

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: SLAM question

you are doing everything great You can kick it up to 14 but keeping it there is the key, the CC will come down over the next couple days.. it will not hurt anything to keep it at 14 and should not require much chlorine to be added...

Once the CC is at 0, and that could be today, just depends, and you pass all 3 tests you are good to let it drift back down to normal
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

In addition, we've had some weird weather locally. Just a couple hours away from you, we've had lots of cloudy skies. So the more cloud cover you have, I suspect the slower those CCs will oxidize from the sun. You sound to be on the right track though.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Tallahassee, FL

Easy one for me What they said! ^^^^^^^^^^^^ Thanks guys!

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!