Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bubblers and pool depth

1. Back To Top    #1

Bubblers and pool depth

I really like the look of the bubblers but our ledge is on our second step which will be about 18" deep. Does anyone know if the bubblers will work in this depth?

That would be the ideal place to put them, but If that won't work, I could put them on the first step. i'm not sure how it would look on the first step...maybe too squashed against the side?
    Starting Monday 4/18/16...18x39x30x14 L vinyl liner pool. All Hayward equipment: Tristar pump, 300K BTU heater, s310 sand filter, T-15 swg, Omnilogic. 2-12v universal color logic lights + 1-320 accent light on the steps, Latham gold pebble liner. Tf-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Bubblers and pool depth

I know A&A has bubblers that can work up to 44" of water, and a smaller 4"-22" one (that I'm getting). http://www.aamfg.com/brochures/A&A_SplashDown.pdf

I think you'd be fine at 18" but check with the brand of bubbler you're getting to be sure
    Swim ready :) My Pool Build Thread. IG shotcrete 34x16 Grecian shape. 22k gallons. 3'6 - 8'6 deep. 12x5 Baja ledge w/ 2 Bubblers, 14' raised beam sheer descent waterfall in stacked rock. Custom stone diving board. Hayward sand filter, VS pump, Aquarite T-15 SWCG. A&A In floor system w/ Gamma 4 venturi heads, Blue surf Pebble sheen, Colorlogic LED. Future Travertine Sandcastle Owner.

3. Back To Top    #3

Our bubblers (Pentair color cascade) came with soft rubber-like extensions that we are not using, but I would assume would help deeper bubblers have a similar effect to if they were in shallower water. Our bubblers are at 9" and I was told that was as deep as we should try to go. But, as I said, they could have gone deeper if we used the extensions. You can also help them break the surface more if you turn up the pump, but I wanted to get some effect even on lower speeds. I hope that helps.
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:
    Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!!

4. Back To Top    #4

Splashdown by A& A. Telescope and are perfect for deep ledgesimage.jpg

5. Back To Top    #5

Very nice setup you have there! And the bubblers look great! Does "telescope" mean you can pull them up or down?
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:
    Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!!

6. Back To Top    #6

We really wanted bubblers on the ledge but the bubblers that my PB uses have a plastic recess part that may hurt a bit of walked or jumped on. Are your bubblers flush with the pool floor?
    Build in-progress, broke ground 3/16/2016, My Pool Build
    18x25 freeform IG gunite (13k gallons); waterfall, weeping boulders, rock wall spa w/ 8 jets
    Oklahoma Flagstone coping, Tahoe Blue mini pebbles
    Jandy Equipment (DE filter,var speed pump, JXi heater, Remote Automation;