Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New to TFP

1. Back To Top    #1

Richmond, Tx

New to TFP

Hello from Richmond, Texas - we have an in-ground, plaster pool approximately 15,000 gallons - pool was built in 2000 - kids have all grown and are living elsewhere so I am trying to learn to care for the pool myself - I own a Dolphin Pool Cleaner and have been using the Clorox Pool and Spa app to test the water and get the chemistry correct - so it's just my wife and I and we would like to create a pool with water that is sparkling, clear and easy on the skin - I am 72 she is 64 -

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New to TFP

Welcome to TFP,

Good to have you guys aboard, and we hope you enjoy your stay.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tallahassee, FL

Well you sure have come to the right place! We make it so easy and cheap with easy steps and lots of teaching links. I will start you with the hows and whys of TFP:

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

It is a LOT of info but once you start using it you will understand and it will become second nature.

Another thing you will need is a better way of testing. The strips you are using are what we call "guess strips" due to them not being accurate at all It is sad as that set up really looks neat and the web site is so pretty but........time and again we have seen the long term effects of using this kind of system.

If you look in my siggy below you will see the tests we use. There is not guessing about the results of the test. There are videos to help as well us. We can/will walk you through all of the tests as needed.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

welcome sir, you have picked a great place, you can learn everything you need to make that plan come together... let us know how you would like to chlorinate that pool and we will get you there, there are many ways to accomplish this but a few good one's we recommend are below

Bleach: good old fashioned non splash less or scented bleach
    Stenner pump: still uses bleach but automates adding
    Salt water generator: My favorite, it does cost more upfront but it will add chlorine daily you just have to change the % it adds by testing...

thats leads to the next recommendation, a great test kit, I love my TF100 from, go ahead and get the stirrer and the xl option and you will be good to go

once you recieve your test kit come back and post the numbers and we will help
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

5. Back To Top    #5
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Welcome to TFP!

You can tell us more about your pool by adding your pool info to your signature. It will help us to help you in the future. More here, Pool School - Read This Before You Post
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

Welcome to TFP!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

7. Back To Top    #7
    SW PA

Welcome to the best pool forum on the net.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter