New to TFP

Mar 27, 2016
Richmond, Tx
Hello from Richmond, Texas - we have an in-ground, plaster pool approximately 15,000 gallons - pool was built in 2000 - kids have all grown and are living elsewhere so I am trying to learn to care for the pool myself - I own a Dolphin Pool Cleaner and have been using the Clorox Pool and Spa app to test the water and get the chemistry correct - so it's just my wife and I and we would like to create a pool with water that is sparkling, clear and easy on the skin - I am 72 she is 64 -

Well you sure have come to the right place! We make it so easy and cheap with easy steps and lots of teaching links. I will start you with the hows and whys of TFP:

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

It is a LOT of info but once you start using it you will understand and it will become second nature.

Another thing you will need is a better way of testing. The strips you are using are what we call "guess strips" due to them not being accurate at all :( It is sad as that set up really looks neat and the web site is so pretty but........time and again we have seen the long term effects of using this kind of system.

If you look in my siggy below you will see the tests we use. There is not guessing about the results of the test. There are videos to help as well us. We can/will walk you through all of the tests as needed.

Kim

welcome sir, you have picked a great place, you can learn everything you need to make that plan come together... let us know how you would like to chlorinate that pool and we will get you there, there are many ways to accomplish this but a few good one's we recommend are below

Bleach: good old fashioned non splash less or scented bleach
Stenner pump: still uses bleach but automates adding
Salt water generator: My favorite, it does cost more upfront but it will add chlorine daily you just have to change the % it adds by testing...

thats leads to the next recommendation, a great test kit, I love my TF100 from tftestkits.net, go ahead and get the stirrer and the xl option and you will be good to go :)

once you recieve your test kit come back and post the numbers and we will help