New Pool w/ Falls & Slide in Baton Rouge, LA

Ah man! No more maze to run through!

LOVE the paint and all of the pipes so well marked and run! How you are they going to cover the pipe that bumps up over the drain pipe?

Kim

Yeah, they were sad about the maze going away. I painted the areas that either changed a little bit from the plans or that may have been confusing on the plans. It didn't help as much as I had hoped.

We just backfilled over (and under) the waterfall suction pipe (2.5" pipe that jumps over drain pipe). The picture is deceiving, but it's still below grade and there won't be any decking right above that part (fortunately). If you notice, earlier pictures show this pipe running under the 4" drain line, which was causing an issue with the drain line not dropping quite enough towards the back. Now the drain has good drop.

It's been a slow week for progress, but we did manage to get all the stone picked out and delivered...all 20,000+ lbs of it. Plus my builder has another pallet of waterfall rock he'll be bringing later. Hoping to rock out tomorrow!

Creek Builders (for planter borders, rock wall, step railings and waterfall)

Moss Builders (for waterfall)

Flat Creek Rock (for back wall)

Waterfall Rock (uh...for waterfall)

Multi Blend Flagstone (for coping and steps)

6 Pallets

ROCK ON! :rockon: LOVE all of them! It will be fun to pick the ones you really like to make sure they are "showcased" in their place.

Funny how you can try to "lead" someone with the paint and plans BUT it still does not go as planned as each person has a vision in their head and they do not always match.

Kim

You know you can dig through those baskets and remove the ones you do NOT like.........hehe No control problems here:rolleyes:

If it happens Monday you can give them your cell phone number and ask them to send you pics as they go. Give them some $$ and I bet one of them will be willing to do it. My biggest worry is what happened on one build.........they put all of the light pieces together and all of the dark pieces together :( it was awful. They did redo it but.........would be better to do it right the first time.

Kim

You know you can dig through those baskets and remove the ones you do NOT like.........hehe No control problems here:rolleyes:

If it happens Monday you can give them your cell phone number and ask them to send you pics as they go. Give them some $$ and I bet one of them will be willing to do it. My biggest worry is what happened on one build.........they put all of the light pieces together and all of the dark pieces together :( it was awful. They did redo it but.........would be better to do it right the first time.

Kim

PB texted this morning saying stoners wouldn't be here until Monday. So, just when I was thinking I didn't have much to do today (for a change), I read your post. Ugh, you're right though. I managed to get the whole pallet of flagstone laid out on the back patio. I have to say there weren't many that I thought I couldn't use due to color, shape, thickness, etc., so that's good...lot's of variety too.

Now I'm just debating whether or not to lay them out around the beam to give them an idea of what I want, since I won't be here on Monday when they are. Honestly, it's only about 60 linear feet of flagstone, since half of my perimeter is rock wall and planter borders, so I can really pick and choose the best stones.

Well that is what I would do so................might as well go all of the way! Why not? That way you KNOW you will like it!

Kim (who does not have to pick up and move all of that stone BUT would if I were there!)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Oh the extra will be used to fill in the small areas. That is great that you got do set them all out! How is your back and shoulders??? Here is something to help them feel better :cheers:

Kim :cat:

Yeah, I figured they'll use some for that and also, I'll need some later for the steps going up to the slide. Not too bad right now, but the 2nd day is always the worst (right?), so I'll probably be moving a little slower tomorrow and Tuesday. I have such a bad back that I always wear a back brace (even just to cut the lawn) and try to lift correctly. We'll see how well I did tomorrow though.

We got all of the flagstone coping set today. Also started tiling. Tomorrow should be grouting and cutting the back edge (I think), as well as beginning to set the builders on the rock wall and planter borders. One thing I'm a little unsure of is the height of the rock wall. I think I want it at 21" (like my plans state), but it's hard to know for sure without seeing it. Anyway, here are some photos of the work done today.

They used a level on the stone! How nice is that! LOVE it! I am SO glad you were able to set out the stone like you wanted it. It shows!

Kim

I know. They also used the laser level, but my PB told me they would, so no surprise. The guys are very easy to work with too.

They did move the stones around a bit to make them all work together, but overall they tried to keep what I placed. I'm happy with the quality so far.

Well yesterday was a bust. We had decent weather all day too. The guys showed up early, put in a good hour's worth of work, then left. PB said the owner of the stone co. wanted to meet with me and him to walk through the plans again just to make sure we were all on the same page. It was a little frustrating to loose a whole (non-rainy) day especially after they started, but better safe than sorry I suppose. So today they were back at it again and finished all of the coping and about 98% of the tile, including the skimmers. I met with the stone guy, who was extremely nice, focused and had a clear plan that he explained to me, which was good to hear.

The next step is to seal the notched beams and place the creek builders in the 2 planter areas (tomorrow or next day depending on weather). Due to the complexity of the waterfall/slide area, we're going to wait to do the rock wall rather than do part of it now and the rest later, which makes sense to me. Tentative plan is to form and pour decking mid next week after grading and running the rest of the electrical conduit sleeves to various areas.

Anyway, the coping turned out really nice, and it's not even acid washed yet. We're really happy with the tile selection as well. Here are some shots from the day (and an hour yesterday).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.