Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help to position LED lights

1. Back To Top    #1

Help to position LED lights

Hello,

We need to make a decision on the position of the lights and I was hoping we could get some feedback/recommendation here.

We will be installing 2 Universal ColorLogic LED lights on a 18x36 vinyl inground pool. We have initially planned to have the lights on the wall along the house, but after doing a bit more research, we are wondering whether we should move them to be opposite to each other.

I am attaching a picture where I have marked the initial location (in orange) and the new location (pencil - light option 2).

Would love to hear you opinions or alternate proposals.

Thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help to position LED lights

Anyone?

we don't know anyone with a pool and given all pools are closed in Canada at this time of year, we can't really go and visit any pools the contractor has done to get a better feel where to place the lights.

thank you!
    18x36 inground vinyl (3'4" - 7'6" depth) - variable speed pump, salt cell, cartridge filter - 1 skimmer, 3 returns, 2 LED universal ColorLogic

3. Back To Top    #3

The main idea with lights is to face them away from the house, patio, primary seating areas and out of swim lanes if you are swimming laps. You don't want to be looking into the glare or the light when viewing the pool or swimming laps. I think the original locations in orange is good.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

I say the same as him ^^^^^^^^^^^^. It is better to not have them in the swim lane like the new placement would be.

You can always add a pretty post light on the outside of the pool if you want more light around the pool. I like the black 3 light ones the best!

outdoor lamp post lighting pictures - Google Search

Your PB can have the power run for it easy.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you so much for confirming the initial location - makes me feel much better.

I have one more question - we are getting the 6" Universal Spa ColorLogic lights - will that be enough? I saw that there is also a 10" Universal Pool ColorLogic light.

Thank you!
    18x36 inground vinyl (3'4" - 7'6" depth) - variable speed pump, salt cell, cartridge filter - 1 skimmer, 3 returns, 2 LED universal ColorLogic