Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to check a leak in the air bubble line?

1. Back To Top    #1

How to check a leak in the air bubble line?

Hi all,

I suspect there is a small leak in the air bubble line. How would you check it and fix it?

Here is a photo of the air bubble outlet
    It is close to the light.

I am thinking to temporally pluck those holes and see if the leak stops. Any idea?

Scott
    Lazy-L shaped pool and a spa. 22.5k gallons. Pentair VS pump. Pentair cartridge filter CCP520. STA-Rite SR400NA heater (400K BTU). Leuder limestone coping. Pebble sheen (blue granite) Wooden deck.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How to check a leak in the air bubble line?

Scott, I'm going to give this post a to try and keep it visible. I'm not real familiar with your set-up there. I'm assuming the leak is in the spa. But I would agree with you that perhaps by plugging a line or two at a time, you might be able to narrow-down the location of a potential leak. Of course if you discover the really is a leak in the line, how to repair would depend on the location. Hope you get more replies soon and figure this thing out. Have a nice day.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Re: How to check a leak in the air bubble line?

To check you can use your red reagent for pH and squirt on top to see if the red gets drawn inside the fitting. If the spa is raised it could be from other areas as well so check all inlets/outlets for siphoning. based on the location you may need to drain the spa down a bit to reach or jump in and have at it, just be very still as any movement will make the test harder to tell.

GL!