Trying to install a Polaris 280

Mar 26, 2016
Corinth, Texas
Hi all - first post here. Searched around but couldn't find anything on my specific problem. I just moved into a house w/pool and I also just bought a Polaris 280 to help clean it.

Problem is that my pool wall fitting on the dedicated return line for the cleaner doesn't have any threads to receive the Polaris wall fitting. it's just smooth. It appears there is a ring that will unscrew from the wall, but I tried to unscrew it from the pool wall and it's stuck. I don't want to get any pliers on it because I don't want to break it and ruin something.

Here's a pic that may help illustrate my problem. I need to install something into the pool wall to receive the male threads for the Polaris quick-disconnect fitting. The PVC fitting in the pic is smooth inside with no threads. How do I get something with threads in the port on the wall?

fitting.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.