New member here needs things broken down Barney Style.

Hello, I have had a fiberglass pool built over the winter utilizing a salt water system, pentair intellichlor. I have not yet put any salt in but have been shocking it every month and half to two months when it turns a slight green. It clears it right up. But now i want to add all my salt but I'm reading that i need to possibly use all these other chemicals. I was told at purchase that its mainly salt and shock occasionally for the pool. But now I'm told theres so much more.Any help would be great. I will continue to research also.

Hey Neighbor!
Your salt system isn't producing chlorine at this point since it has no salt. That's why you keep seeing green algae. Chlorine is what you need. Simple as liquid bleach from the market's laundry aisle. You don't need a bunch of chemicals, I'm sure.
First step is to get a test kit that lets YOU be in control of your pool water and we'll show you how easy, inexpensive and rewarding it is to take care of your pool and not rely on pool stores (that want to sell chemicals).
Go to TFTestkits.net and order either the Taylor K-2006 or my preferred TF-100 test kit. What you spend on it, you'll save thrice fold by not buying useless chemicals. It ships from NC so you'll have it fast. Until you get the test kit just add 1/2 gallon of bleach to your pool each day until we can get things sorted out.

Also- its time to start reading Pool School articles and learn all about pool water. Start with Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Yippee got you off to a great start of taking care of your pool. I am going to share some links to show you how we take care of our pools. With a good test kit and TFP your pool will never go green again!

Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Now do not go buying any of this stuff until we see your test numbers. You might not need some of it.

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

See how easy it is??? Test and buy what you need from Target or Walmart with a little Lowes thrown in.

Kim

Welcome. Don't fret. You just need to read up in Pool School to get comfortable.