Jandy Nicheless LED lights

Wow, they illuminate the pool nicely. You must be happy with the results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really do love them. I like the actual colors a bit better with the old Jandy Lights but these are fine. What is good about these is if the light breaks, the light part pops out like a cartridge, don't have to replace the whole light like I did with the others. It illuminates the whole pool quite nicely.

This thread got me thinking about my planned lighting. My PB is a Hayward guy, so he proposed using one big light in the deep end and one in the spa. They're about $800 retail alone w/o install each so I was worried the pool would be dark and the spa blinding. I looked for nicheless lights that work with a Hayward controller and found Savi Melody H (the H means Hayward compatible). They also have a "P" that is Pentair controller compatible.

Good new is these are $300 each with a 100' cord or I could go brighter with the Melody SOL H for $320 each with 100' cord. I'm going to push for using these as I can have three in the pool and one in the spa, have better light spread, and save some dollars. Not to mention avoiding Hayward's abysmal track record for LED light longevity.

I have installed three of the Savi sol p series 28 watt in my pool ,
(was supposed to be 4 of these) but my illustrious builder failed to give me a long enough 1-1/2 pvc in one of them , so my only option is throwing a 6 watt one there now .
I also have a 6 watt on my suns shelf.
Hoping that I still have more than enough light . If not , only option would be digging up flagstone and digging down . Not really wanting to do that !

Those lights look awesome! I like that look much better than the non-nicheless LEDs.

My builder advise they use the 9w Jandy Nicheless LEDs, not sure why not the 20w or 30w. Is that a big difference in cost? Right now he has me setup for four 9w LEDs in the pool and one 9w LED in the spa. Do you think that would be sufficient for a 35x12 rectangle pool, or should I insist we look and possibly order the 20w or 30w? Basically would have one every 9ft of the pool to provide even coverage. I just haven't really seen much on the 9w LEDs to confirm.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Those lights look awesome! I like that look much better than the non-nicheless LEDs.

My builder advise they use the 9w Jandy Nicheless LEDs, not sure why not the 20w or 30w. Is that a big difference in cost? Right now he has me setup for four 9w LEDs in the pool and one 9w LED in the spa. Do you think that would be sufficient for a 35x12 rectangle pool, or should I insist we look and possibly order the 20w or 30w? Basically would have one every 9ft of the pool to provide even coverage. I just haven't really seen much on the 9w LEDs to confirm.

How deep is your pool?

I have 3 of the 9w installed in my new build which I just finally got to see on the other day. The 9w on my tanning ledge is plenty of light but the two that are in the main body of the pool aren't enough especially considering my dark plaster. I have already spoken to my builder and he is going to swap the two in the main body out for the higher watt versions since I didn't even realize there were three different versions of these when we contracted the build.

This is a picture I took with my phone the other night. Main body of the pool 36x12 and is 3.5-5.5-4 depth. Tanning ledge is about 9". I don't want Vegas bright but the 9w just don't put out enough light for the main body of water.

Attachments

• Pool Lights.jpg
    Pool Lights.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 393
I have 3 of the 9w installed in my new build which I just finally got to see on the other day. The 9w on my tanning ledge is plenty of light but the two that are in the main body of the pool aren't enough especially considering my dark plaster. I have already spoken to my builder and he is going to swap the two in the main body out for the 30w versions.

Ah yes my biggest fear! Price difference online is only like 60$ so not sure why my PB wouldn't go this route anyway since they know I like lights and automation lol

I have the older version of Jandy LED nicheless lights. The new ones just have a slightly longer narrow cylinder behind the front reflector. They also seem to have the ability to have the LED circuit board replaced. And by the way the Jandy RS series controller is fantastic. I just finished installing my rs12 system iaqualink a couple of weeks ago. I'll try to post some screenshots from my phone below. The first few are from the phone app and the last few are from the web-based app. Also worth noting is that you do not need a house controller mounted on the wall. You can do all of the settings from the web-based app such as scheduling etc.

I hope this is helpful.

Chris

uploadfromtaptalk1460814437947.jpguploadfromtaptalk1460814463549.jpguploadfromtaptalk1460814483237.jpguploadfromtaptalk1460814506370.jpguploadfromtaptalk1460814524159.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

We just got got these lights installed in our new pool build today. Our pool is 12' feet at the widest and 34' long. I wanted to go with 30w LEDs, but our builder insists that three 20w will be more than enough.

We do have light color plaster, so I think it will be OK.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.