Re: Reverse Osmosis for pool filtration?

EminiTrader

Gold Supporter
Mar 20, 2015
Jacksonville, FL

I hope I am not hijacking but I figured I'd ask here instead of starting a new thread. So building my second pool here in Florida and as well all know the calcium is hard. I realize some is needed. So is it acceptable to fill some of the pool with R/O? I was going to throw 3 hoses in the pool and have one of them connected to R/O system. If I can get the calcium even 20% lower I'd be happy as I remember how high mine was in my last house... Any comments?

Hey Trader, welcome to TFP!

We actually want you to start a new thread so that we can give it the attention deserves. It will get more answers as opposed to bumping an old one.

At that ratio it will be perfectly fine to fill the pool with it. With enough calcium in the third it could be just as fine to fill the other two thirds with RO water if it were available.

Thanks Patrick.

I was actually a member years ago but I don't know what happened as my old login and password did not work. But either way, as long as I can get on we're good.

Thank you as well for responding to my question. I'm currently meeting with 5 builders and getting quotes. But I am contemplating just learning enough to contract it out myself. I'll start a new thread once it all begins :)

David

- - - Updated - - -

I'm curious as to what the calcium level is on your fill water? Straight outta the tap, y'know?

I'm actually going to test it. I have the colorq tester (forget who made it). I'm color blind and the read out is nice. The system has it's limits though as once the FC is above 10 it's basically worthless but for testing CH it should be suffice.

Emini, you might find you don't have the capacity with a residential R/O unit to fill that much, but if you have a whole house softener you can also use that...just watch the gallon meter as you will likely tap that out too and unwittingly switch to raw water ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.