MiniMax NT 400 blower fan motor does not come on

I have one of the older Minimax NT 400 (I know its horrible) heaters. The fan was not coming on so I pulled it off and noticed the squirrel cage was rusted. I replaced the entire unit. Even after replacing the motor the fan does not kick on. The fan does feel warm to the touch. I called pentair and they had me jumper the ignition module but this did not work either.

Any thoughts on what else it might be?

Did the motor spin ok when you put it in? If so, usually when it hums like that it's either a frozen up motor or a bad start/run capacitor. Seeing yours is a new motor I would have to check to see that the motor is getting the correct power to it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have replaced the blower motor with a new one since it would not spin.

The power, pressure switch lights are on. When I activate the heat there is a click and the temperature light comes on green. Then nothing.

I jumped the f1 and f2 on the ignition module and the fan comes on and spins. Does this mean the ignition module is bad?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.